Sunday, September 13, 2009

Big Brother

Though some of you already know, we are happy to announce that we are adding another edition to the Cornehl family. A new baby is to arrive somewhere around April the 10th. Since it will be a scheduled c-section, he/she will come slightly before then!

Telling Trenton was so much fun this time because I got to incorporate Jackson in everything... though, as is my life, nothing ever goes quite as smoothly as planned. I know it is suprising, but I do become a little obsessed with things, so when I knew the possibility of pregnancy was in the horizon, I couldn't resist taking one pregnancy test after another. Which, of course, when you take them too early, come up negative. After going through about three tests already, I found myself in an emotional mess. I had one last test to take, but I went in with very low hope. After the dreaded three minutes... there it was, a VERY, VERY faint second line. Was it just my hopeful eyes, or was there truly a second line?
Apprehensive, but excited, I ran to gather the "Big Brother" t-shirt I had made for Jackson in the weeks prior. Only, I was too afraid to actually put him in the darn thing in fear I might jinx myself!!! So, I took Jackson and the t-shirt to Trenton. Sadly and pathetically, I told Trenton that I thought maybe Jackson could wear this precious shirt.
Trenton was thrilled, but just as sceptical of that faint line as I was. We agreed not to tell a sole, or let Jackson wear that shirt, until we had confirmation. We promptly went out and purchased MORE pregnancy tests, different brands of course! Well... after FIVE faint lines, we decided it had to be a sign. Pathetic, right?!?

Shortly after, nausea and fatigue set in leaving me no question whatsoever! We are pregnant and couldn't be more thrilled to have a sibling for Jackson and another baby bringing love to the Cornehl Haus!

1 comment:

  1. Grammy & PaPa are very excited and can't wait to get baby #2-Jackson will be a great big brother-love to all!!

    ReplyDelete