Thursday, May 20, 2010

An Afternoon of Fun: Jackson & Mommy

Before I went back to work, I wanted to spend at least one day with just Jackson. So, luckily, Audrey was more than willing to watch Weston for the day while Jackson and I spent the day together.

I had decided to take Jackson to the Dallas Arboretum to see the Peter Rabbit Flower Village exhibit. Of course, when we woke up that morning, rain was in the forecast! Since the skys looked fairly good in the morning, we decided to risk it. The skys looked great... UNTIL we were five minutes away from the Arboretum. We really only got to spend about thirty minutes walking around before it started raining. Jackson was having a blast!

When it started to rain, we tried to wait it out, eating lunch under a covered patio. But, unfortunately, the rain was getting worse, not better. So, we decided to find something else to do. Boo! We ended up at Chuck E. Cheese, which of course, was just fine with Jackson. I have to admit I was a little bummed out about - I just wanted to do something a little more fun! We got a rain check for the Arboretum and plan on visiting again very soon!

The Duck house @ the Peter Rabbit Flower Village

Jackson LOVED the frog fountain. He laughed and laughed at those "big frogs spitting water!"

He was in awe!


He had so much fun screaming and giggling as he ran underneath the water streams. Note that he is bending down to go under the arches - I didn't even have to bend! Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment