Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Madness


Easter this year was crazy! For some reason, I felt that it was absolutely neccesary for me to be home by Easter morning to be there for Jackson. So, even though I should have stayed in the hospital one more day (and almost came home without pain meds - apparantly pharmacies close for the Easter holiday - yikes!), Weston and I arrived home from the hospital around 9:30pm Easter eve.


I am not sure why I thought my presence was so important or would even be worth it. I was drugged and in pain, so the only part of the day I took part in was watching Jackson hunting eggs - from the couch!!! Oh well...


Thanks to Daddy and Grammy, Jackson got all dressed up and handsome for church (my nephew, Andrew and I apparantly have the same taste as he picked out the same suit for himself as I did for Jackson!). He went to church with Grandma and Paca and had a grand time. He sang loudly during the service and had a wonderful time hunting eggs with his cousins... well sort of hunting. Apparantly Jackson was quite picky with the eggs, picking each one up and opening it to evaluate its contents. If the contents were deemed "worthy," Jackson took it, if not, he tossed it aside! Too funny!


Thank you to all of my family members and husband who pulled off Easter lunch at our house while Weston and I were sleeping! Since it rained, the Easter bunny hid eggs upstairs. Weston and I made a short appearance for the hunt. The kids looked adorable!


The day was a ton of fun for Jackson, a lot of work for Trenton and a blur for me. It was a blessing to be home with our new addition and to have all of our family there to enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment